Sunny summer makes way for cooler fall weather, and we’re here for it!
Hydration is Key: Cooler weather can lead to drier skin. Swap your lightweight summer moisturizer for a richer, more hydrating formula to keep your skin supple and protected from the elements. Here are our best recommendations for moisturizers, according to active ingredients, to prep you for fall’s cooler weather.
- Occlusive agents: an ingredient that seals in moisture by forming a hydrophobic barrier on the skin. Example: dimethicone, cetyl alcohol, glycerin, beeswax, cocoa butter, shea butter, mineral oil, or petrolatum oil.
- CeraVe Moisturizers: are great for face and body and they carry moisturizers with or without SPF.
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Natural Skin Perfector with SPF 30: This product is great for when you’re in a rush and can get your skin look fresh with 3 products in 1.
- La Roche-Posay Toleriane Double Repair Face Moisturizer: This product from La Roche-Posay is designed for sensitive skin and may contain dimethicone to provide hydration without irritation.
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel: This moisturizer is known for its lightweight, hydrating formula.
- Humectants: are ingredients that keep the skin moist by drawing water from the lower-lying dermis to the outermost epidermis. These include ingredients like glycerin, hyaluronic acid, sorbitol, urea, alpha hydroxy acids, lactic acid, honey, beeswax, and collagen.
- Eucerin Daily Protection Face Lotion SPF 30: Fast absorbing, non-greasy, and non-comedogenic.
- Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream: Instantly hydrates to firm skin and diminish wrinkles and fine lines.
- Clinique Moisture Surge 100H: refreshing oil-free gel-cream moisturizer with exclusive aloe bio-ferment and hyaluronic acid. Lasts 100 hours.
- Emollients: this ingredient help smooth skin by filling microscopic spaces between the skin cells on your outermost layer of the skin with either oil or wax. Some emollients are less greasy, like ceramides. And others that are more greasy include; stearic acid, linoleic acid, oleic acid, lauric acid, shea butter, coco butter, mineral oil, or lanolin.
- Lush Enchanted eye cream: Under eye skin is delicate. So this blend of calming lavender honey water and vitamin E almond oil leaves skin soothed and hydrated.
- La Roche Posay Lipikar AP+M Triple Repair: This triple repair cream is clinically shown to reduce dry, rough skin and provide 48hr hydration. Can be used on face and body.
- EltaMD AM Therapy Facial Moisturizer: this moisturizer smooths skin texture and evens skin color and tone.
- SkinCeuticals Triple Lipid Restore 2:4:2 : this one is a real splurge. This moisturizer is an anti-aging cream that contains 2% pure ceramides, 4% natural cholesterol, and 2% fatty acids which nourish skin.
When choosing a moisturizer, it's essential to consider your specific skin type and any other skincare concerns you may have. Don’t know your skin type? Our expert makeup and skincare stylists are happy to advise you 1-on-1!