Having a wardrobe you love that fully reflects your personality and lifestyle, and fits you beautifully, can make a huge impact in your life! Think of how simplified your daily outfit decision-making can be knowing every item fits YOU. But how do you get to wardrobe nirvana?
Well, after you have defined your style and edited your wardrobe, it is time to build your essential wardrobe items that will be the foundation for all your ideal outfits. Our clothing stylist Erika has curated a list of 11 “must-have” items that will be on regular rotation and change the way you see your wardrobe.
- Tailored Button Down Shirt - Make sure this item fits and there is no gap at any of the buttons. Many clothing brands now include hidden buttons to ensure there is no gapping, especially at the chest.
- Quality T-Shirt- This is not your ratty old college t-shirt. Make sure you have a few high-quality, well-made t-shirts that can be worn casually or dressed-up with a cardigan or blazer.
- Layering Cardigan - This is for both fashion and function. An easy layering piece for spring and fall and versatile since it can be worn alone (buttoned), with a t-shirt or blouse, or even over a dress.
- Figure-Flattering Jeans - Invest in a pair of jeans that look and feel amazing. This could take time and may cost some money. But having a pair of go-to jeans that always look good is well worth the investment.
- Elegant Dress Pants - Dress pants are perfect for the office or even a night on the town. You’ll want at least one pair in a neutral base color like black, navy or gray. Try a second pair in a more bold color like red or white/cream.
- Solid Colored Pencil or A-Line Skirt - Regardless of your body type, a solid skirt is a must for your closet. Depending on your body type a pencil or A-line skirt may be more figure flattering.
- Effortlessly Chic LBD - The “B” in LBD could stand for “Black” or “Bold” depending on how you feel. Regardless, you need at least one dress that feels effortless for you and reads as totally chic for everyone you encounter.
- Structured Blazer - One of the most versatile pieces in your closet, a structured blazer can be paired with jeans, a skirt or a dress.
- Classic Black Pumps - This is pretty self explanatory. Perfect for when you are dressed up. Perfect with jeans and a white t-shirt. Simply put, just perfect.
- Cute, Comfortable Flats - Flats are so versatile these days; you’ll definitely want a cool and comfortable pair that can take you from the office to brunch to an afternoon shopping spree.
- Classic Tote Handbag - Nothing says “style” quite like a structured handbag. Whether you’re wearing it to the office or traveling with it, it easily elevates any look.
There they are! Your 11 wardrobe essentials for a well-curated wardrobe. The beautiful thing about these wardrobe essential pieces is that they will not go out of style anytime soon. We recommend investing a little more time and money in finding these items in well-made, quality materials because they will be your staple pieces in regular rotation and will give your wardrobe longevity.
Still unsure how to start or need a little boost to get you to your elevated-wardrobe finish line, our friendly Style Space stylists want to assist you! Sometimes we just need a stylish friend to give us a confidence boost. One client commented, “My stylist Whitney is so kind and clearly has amazing style. I felt like my new best friend with killer style was helping me with my closet. :D The session gave me so much confidence and the very next day I started wearing my clothes in new ways - still me, just an even better version.”
Step into our closet and try these style sessions on for size!